Some of you are recently quarantined due to the coronavirus, others have been isolated for weeks. You may be running out of food ideas or getting bored of the same familiar recipes from your dwindling pantry supply: we’re here to help! While COVID-19 is serious and changing every aspect of our lives, it is also bringing a handful of silver linings, like more people being permitted to work from home. For me, this means a few more hours a day to do the things I enjoy, including cooking and writing.
This particular recipe for Chipotle Pumpkin & Coconut Soup takes mere minutes to prepare while being incredibly tasty and nutritious. And if you’re like me, you always have a can or two of pureed pumpkin lingering around, no matter the season.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and the others I will churn out while practicing social distancing. I hope you are well and that you stay well. I hope this recipe nourishes your body and soul. ~ Rebeccah
Spicy Chipotle Pumpkin Soup
(Vegan and from Canned Ingredients)
Time: 10 minutes Serves 4
- Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream (to balance the spice)
- Extra coconut cream would work to keep it vegan
- Sesame Oil (or Olive Oil)
- Sesame Seeds
- Fresh Rosemary (or any herb! The original recipe called for Green Onions)
- Croutons for some crunch
Instructions: Ready for this easiness??
- Add all ingredients (besides toppings) to a blender and blend until smooth
- Scrape into pot and heat until warmed through
- Serve with toppings and/or crunchy bread!
Note: Her recipe sounds exceptional! We didn’t have red curry paste at home, hence the adaptation to chipotle. Try one or the other depending on what you have handy.