Our fledgling nonprofit turned 3 this month. WOW – where has the time gone?! Can we even call it a “fledgling” anymore…? It feels surreal to reflect on all that we have accomplished in our 3 short years, and even more to dream about the (hopefully many) years to come.
In the nonprofit world, of course, things move slowly. These first few years have been essential for establishing our infrastructure, and with much of this work done we are now able to focus significantly more energy on serving the homeless and making moves towards establishing our homestead.
Here are some highlights of our greatest accomplishments during our first years:
- Served 206 Care Kits, often with fresh food, to the homeless in and around Seattle
- Became Incorporated as a Washington State Nonprofit
- Acquired a Washington State Business License
- Filled our Board of Directors
- Completed our Bylaws
And, equally importantly, here are some important goals we hope to accomplish in the upcoming years:
- Filling Mid-Level Management Positions
- Applying for 501(c)(3) Federal Nonprofit Status
- Acquiring grant funding for our 30+ acre homestead
It brings me comfort and pride to consider how methodically and responsibly we have run ourselves thus far, and I look forward to leading this organization into an exciting new chapter in our development.
Happy 3 Years to my fellow Landerholmstead volunteers, supporters, and beneficiaries! Thank you for your donated time and funds, encouragement, and – above all – for your strong belief in our Mission.